It’s fall. You know what that means!? Well, it means a lot of things like crunchy leaves, new schedules, and everything turns into pumpkin spice. In most of our worlds, fall also signals warm and cozy food.
Know what’s warm and cozy? Stuffing.
Here’s the forever dilemma: I want cozy comfort food without the carb crash. So? I whip up my Cauliflower Stuffing Recipe. It’s so delicious and it’s something I share in my Best You Plan, but I wanted to share it here with you, too.
Cauliflower, bacon, herbs, some delicious Parmesan… listen, you don’t want to miss this recipe! If you try it out, you’ll HAVE to let me know what you think!
This can be a real crowd pleaser! I personally suggest you try it out for your family, then consider bringing it to Thanksgiving.
To your best,
Katie Vigesaa, RD
- 6 oz. bacon
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 8 oz. chopped mushrooms
- 2-3 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon. Remove cooked bacon from skillet and chop. Add butter.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add parsley, rosemary, and sage and stir until combined.
- Add in walnuts, parmesan and chopped bacon. Place everything in 8x8 baking dish.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes in a 375° oven.
For vegetarian, keep out bacon.
Excellent recipe! The instructions are very easy to follow. One of my first favorites in the Best You Plan. ?